Lunes, Marso 20, 2017

book review: Anak ng Jueteng

"AnakngJueteng" 
Author: Ariestelo "AA" Asilo
This is an autobiographical book by a son of a kubrador stating how he survived and diligently aced financial struggles all throughout his student life being a son of a kubrador. His father furnished for the household's basic needs because of this "profession".
Meanwhile, I had spotted an episode of a mainstream teleserye depicting that jueteng should be abolished, and lead persons, of course, jailed. This gave me the idea that jueteng is an unacceptable practice, ideally, at the least.
Partly yes, yet no to the "juetengero" son who has been competitive in life through having been given this kind of life.
Narrating on facing the hardships of life, the author had wittingly expressed the naughtiness of his boyhood. The one quality that I would admire of any author- SHAMELESS. He would have been taken as a laughingstock, but who cares?
I would love to recommend you sympathizing with how the young boy was able to help himself through selling and earning from sweepstakes ticket. The then young boy, now a grown-up and professional man, had actually used the skills with me. 😅. Not to mention, by the last part of the story, he won patrons,these ticket buyers who also in turn, helped him with food provision ranging from affordable to free of charge.
Having the chance to mingle with him during college, I saw his industry as he found ways and means to support himself financially while studying. I can remember one of them is CHEM 40 (Organic Chemistry) tutorial rendering.
There is little that I know about jueteng. I have never participated here, by the way, can you actually imagine me in that set up? Shouting "Tumbok beinte" and "Pompiang disi-seis". As far as I'm concerned, I will not participate. I would just like to simply applaud him, the "Anak ng Jueteng."
#ateTinforliterarywork

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento